Wednesday, July 7, 2010

16.5 months

Mommy needs to find a way to get Father Time to slow down! You are 16.5 months today and are a ball of energy. Seriously, the more I look at you, the more Mommy wonders where the little tiny dependent baby went to? You are this feisty, demanding and totally independent little girl. You no longer want to be carried, mostly wanting to go wherever you want to go.

You are starting to string 2 words together. Your first word string is "no more". Whenever you finish eating something, you sign and you say "no more". You are also a stuffed animal lover. When we go shopping, you often beeline to the stuffed animal corner and hug all the animals. You will also usually pick a stuffed bear and walk around the whole store. When we have to go, Mommy tells you to put the "bear bear" back because he lives in the store. Sometimes you throw a fit because you want to take him home with you! You enjoy riding on Mommy's back, whenever I am laying on my belly, you come and sit on my back and press a "button" (which is anywhere on my back) to tell me to start to giddy-up.

Mommy and you flew into Vancouver by ourselves today. Mommy felt like supermom carrying you in the ergo, one hand pulling our 50 lb luggage, the other hand wheeling the carseat and lugging a heavy carry-on luggage on my shoulder. I think I was carrying at least 50 lbs on my body, half of my own weight! People were clearing a path for us when we were walking through. You were so good on the plane, although I think you might have peek-a-booed to death the 3 passengers sitting behind us. An old couple sat beside us and the grandma was so in love with you! She even helped carry you a couple of times...you really charmed her. After playing, you fell asleep in Mommy's arms for about 1.5 hours, you didn't even wake up when the flight landed...we were the last ones off the plane because Mommy had to eventually wake you up! Thank you for being such a good girl!

Love, Mom

My happy little frequent flyer

No comments: