Friday, February 27, 2009

Hospital Experience & Recovery

After being in the Recovery Room for a couple of hours, I was wheeled into the post partum section of Labor and Delivery. Apparently, February 24th was a very busy day at post partum because all the regular rooms were filled up. So we were upgraded to one of the Deluxe rooms! It was a little bigger than the regular room and more comfortable for Alex and I. I was put on an IV drip for the next 2 days.

We had sooo many flowers delivered, gifts and visitors! Dan and Micah came the evening of the first day. Although I know I looked like hell, but I was happily welcoming visitors to break up my mundane day. Audeline and Connie came on Wednesday afternoon during lunch and Chef came in the evening. He brought Isabelle the most beautiful gift of Dior! I am a little scared because he is starting her off on the wrong foot! Her daddy now has to work extra hard to buy her all the luxuries. Janet also came to visit on Tuesday and Wednesday evening. She had a good time playing with Isabelle! She also helped doggysit Zoë for us, which we are very appreciative of as I am paranoid of doggy kennels.

Isabelle did not leave our room the whole entire time...if she needed to leave for tests etc, Daddy would follow her. He kept a very watchful eye on her. The protectiveness has already started! She was very good during her stay at the hospital. We started breastfeeding in the recovery room and it seems she is a natural at it. It was Mommy who had a lot to learn! Our nurses and helpers who tended to us were all super nice! They made our stay very pleasant. The food of course wasn't good...but Dan made us a filet mignon take out on Thursday! I was starving as I was on a clear liquid diet for the whole of Tuesday and half of Wednesday.

Although our stay at the hospital was a pleasant one, I couldn't wait to get home so after Dr. Bhadauria and Dr. Lee checked us and Dr. Pang checked Isabelle, we were deemed healthy and was able to get discharged on Thursday evening. I was admitted to the hospital at around 4:30 am, Tuesday, February 24 and discharged at around 6:30 pm, Thursday, February 26. That's not bad for a emergency c-section patient!

I was quite uncomfortable for the first few being home due to soreness and bruising around the incision site but have been slowly recovering and feeling better and better each day! It's good to be home and to be eating home cooking by Daddy.

No comments: