Saturday, September 26, 2009

Teething BITES!

Poor Isabelle,

Mommy had NO IDEA that you were cutting teeth until you let out a few primal screams that would put any animal on National Geographic to shame. And this HAD to happen during our very first Mommy & Me trip with a group of Mommy's friends.

Your crankiness already started on Thursday when you were so grumpy and restless. Ah Ma even said to Mommy maybe we should forgo the trip but Mommy already promised her crew that she would join them and so we did.

Mommy almost had a mini breakdown because you were so uncomfortable for a portion of the trip. I felt so bad for you and my heart was just breaking into pieces because I couldn't do anything to help with some relief. The second night of our trip, you were up every 2 hours. We gave you tylenol to help you sleep. It calmed you down a little but you still did not sleep well.

Your glass shattering, mind numbing shrieks made me realize how painful getting teeth is. I'm sorry you have to go through these growing pains, if Mommy could take the pain for you, trust me, Mommy would.

Love, Mom

No comments: