Monday, October 19, 2009

Fever, Fever, Go Away

Dear Isabelle,

Today is day 3 of your fever. It comes and it goes...Tylenol and Motrin have helped with getting it down but once the medication wears off, your fever comes back in full force. My poor, poor baby...seeing you in so much discomfort is just so heartbreaking for me. And to top it all off, your gums are so swollen. Mommy thinks your other lower central incisor is coming in but you won't let me near your mouth to check!

We went to see Dr. Karen today and she did some tests on you. First was the flu test and that came back negative. The second one was the urine test. Your urine test came back with a small trace of bacteria and therefore Dr. Karen says that most probably you have a urinary tract infection. They are sending the urine sample into the lab for further testing so that they can tell for sure if you have a UTI or not.

We hope they can find out for sure what you are suffering from because apart from the fever, you have no other symptoms. We will hear back from Dr. Karen on Wednesday. Till then, we were instructed to continue using Tylenol and Motrin to keep the fever in check. Mommy hopes you get well soon because we miss the cheeky Izzy with that infectious laughter.

Love, Mom

My poor little sick baby

3 comments:

Peggy said...

I was gonna tell you it could be urine track infection too! Two babies I know were just recovering from them and both have no other symptoms besides high fever too! Hope this is it and antibiotics will take care of it!

You get some rest too!

Liz said...

Really?? So it's quite common with babies? I have no clue because I've never gotten a UTI before...

Peggy said...

I am not sure either but I heard it's more common for girls... although one of the babies was a boy though...