Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Oh My...9 months already! (And 38 week birthday)

Hey baby,

Newborn Izzy, barely an hour old.

You turn 9 months today! At this hour, 9 months ago, I regained consciousness and laid my eyes on the most beautiful being God has ever created. While I am not really cut out for motherhood (I'm not and will never be a Suzy Homemaker), you are a joy in my life that exceeds the drudgery of being a mostly working at home mother. I wasn't really expecting to ever be a real mother (just a fur-mom), much less be totally in love with this tiny being...but I am. It's such hard work but whenever I see your eyes light up when you see me across the room, it makes it soooo worth it.

You are very feisty and outspoken. You know exactly what you want and you go after it with gusto. Whether it’s a piece of what Mommy is eating or that new magazine you want to rip up, you reach for it and usually get what you want. You live life with passion and perfection, when you learn something new, you do it over and over again until you get good at it. You also definitely have a funny bone in you because you love to make people laugh with all your hilarious antics!

Wait, what’s going on with your hair?

Thank you Auntie Cheryl for the little barrettes!

Oh yeah, Mommy discovered that you have *just enough* hair to make a wannabe ponytail. It’s time to start toughening up your scalp for all the fun hair do’s you’ll be getting as you get older...Zoë must be so happy that she's no longer Mommy's Barbie doll!

Now Daddy and I have only three months to plan your birthday party! Don't you worry, it will be the party of the year as Daddy has already started preparations!

Love you baby!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Happy 9 months birthday, Izzy!!! Can we stop them from growing so fast?

Liz said...

I know!! I want to freeze her in time right now...she's at her cutest yet!

Anonymous said...

When I went to the Hello Kitty store & saw the barrettes & the cheeky monkey I thought of you Izzy. May they always bring you luck. Have a Happy 1st Thanksgiving with your parents & blow a kiss to Zoey in Canada.
Much love,
Auntie Cheryl