Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy 17 week birthday!

Dear Isabelle,

17 weeks have come and gone and Mommy can truly say that I am REALLY starting to enjoy you more and more each day! Your newborn stage was a pretty tough time for Mommy...but now the fruit of our labor is starting to blossom.

Your laugh is infectious! I love it when you squeal in delight! You have also definitely found the use of those two appendages that were once used to smack yourself uncontrollably with. They are called "hands"! You have more control, are grasping onto things much longer and again, enjoy putting things into your mouth! You also really love to do the "Gongxi Gongxi" pose. Are you practicing for Chinese New Year?

Yummy spoons...Daddy, I think I am ready to feed myself!

Gongxi Gongxi!

Your new favorite person is Zoë! And because of trying to look for her, you have rolled over a few times from tummy to back. It's usually when Zoë is running circles around you when we are doing some tummy time! She is one silly monkey, isn't she? You are not afraid when she barks or jumps up to kiss you...you even like it. You burst out into chuckles every time she does. My two babies are finally getting along!

As for Mommy, not only am I dropping weight like crazy (7 lbs lighter than pre-preggo), my hair is also falling out...yikes! Hopefully we don't go bald anytime soon...and you're not helping by grabbing a handful each time I carry you either!

Towards the end of this week, we will be going in to see Dr. Scott for your 4-month wellness checkup. Mommy is half looking forward to it and half not. I want to know what your weight and height progress is but it's another day for shots...yikes. Daddy will be there to hold you, don't you worry.

Love, Mom

No comments: